[Devel] pkg_malloc issue

Oliver Zilken zilken at sipgate.de
Fri May 18 17:36:51 CEST 2007

Hi there!

During a stress-test of OpenSer 1.2 with SIPp, I recognized an out of
memory error in the nathelper module. In order to fix this, I raised the
size of the pkg_mem_pool in config.h:

#define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 8192*1024

This worked well for me, but  after a while, two other error messages
occured

ERROR:mi:init_mi_tree: no more pkg mem (exactly every 60 seconds)

and

ERROR:mi:mi_fmt_init: no more pkg mem (everytime when I try to launch
openserctl,  which returns with a 500 response)

Could it be, that this higher amount of memory cannot be freed
completely ? Maybe it was not a good choice to raise the
PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE manually...

Can anyone give me a reason for this strange behaviour? When I switch
the pool size back to 1024*1024, everthing works fine...

Thanks in advance,
Oliver