[Devel] Presence user/domain

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue May 15 13:41:42 CEST 2007

I see the following code in the presence module for handling PUBLISH:

	/* get pres_uri from Request-URI*/
	if( parse_uri(msg->first_line.u.request.uri.s,
				msg->first_line.u.request.uri.len, &pres_uri)< 0)
	{
		LOG(L_ERR, "PRESENCE: handle_publish:error parsing Request URI\n");
		goto error;
	}
	pres_user= pres_uri.user;
	pres_domain= pres_uri.host;

which indicates that the user/domain are taken from the request uri.

The RFC however mentions that a PUBLISH is similar to a REGISTER, which
would indicate that the user/domain should be taken from the To header.
Unfortunately I found no direct reference to this in the RFC, only this
indication that PUBLISH is similar with REGISTER, but still using ruri
doesn't seem right.

--
Dan