[Devel] database setup scripts

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon May 14 10:48:37 CEST 2007

Hi Henning,

It is about DB re-organizing, I think it was a good point Klaus made
some time ago - all the tables should have a prefix identifying the
module they belong to. Right now there are tens of tables and for some
of them you do not have any clue what module is using them.

So, there are 3 directions here:
    1) renaming the tables (adding a prefix of fix len)
    2) to be able to configure what tables should be installed (we have
the core, presence, extra - right now, but something for details would
be good - maybe based on modules ?)
    3) what Henning suggested - have a general description of DB and
some tools to generate particular DB definitions for mysql, postgres,
dbtext, etc..

regards,
bogdan