[Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [2190] trunk/modules/presence

Anca-Maria Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Fri May 11 12:46:01 CEST 2007

Juha Heinanen wrote:

>Anca Vamanu writes:
>
> > I knew there was an error. I  was working on it. I have just made the
> > commit.
> > Please say if it works now.
>
>anca,
>
>yes, now when twinkle unsubscribes, its row disappears from
>active_watchers table and twinkle gets 200 ok to its unsubscribe.
>
>one thing that started to worry me is what happens if someone starts to
>send bogus in-dialog subscribe once per second that differ, say, on
>r-uri user field.
>
>how can i prevent openser happily adding each of them as a new watcher
>and finally running out of resources?  should presence module simply
>refuse an in-dialog subscribe if it doesn't match any existing active
>watcher or is it already doing so after your latest fix?
>
>i'll cc this to the list because of general nature of the issue.
>
>-- juha

If I receive a Subscribe within a dialog,  I try to match it with the
info stored in database ,  comparing  to_user, to_domain, from_user,
from_domain,  event, call_id, to_tag,  from_tag.  If a match is found
the presentity  uri (stored from the Request-URI of the initial
subscribe) is taken from database.
So, in the scenario described by you, no new watcher will be added, but
only the expire for that subscription will be updated.