[Devel] Re: [Serdev] OpenSER/SER with OSP performance test results

Di-Shi Sun di-shi at transnexus.com
Wed May 9 03:08:50 CEST 2007

Hi Bogdan,

Our data for measuring Post Dial Delay (PDD) was limited to what we could
collect from SIPp.  To create a simple chart that would reflect the change
in in PDD as a function of calls per second we focused on the number of
calls for each test where the time between the second 100 messsage and the
Ringing message was greater than 6 seconds.  We then divided this number by
the total number of calls for the test to get a percentage value that could
be compared to other tests with a different number of calls per second.

For example, consider the first test for OpenSER V1.1 at 50 calls per
second.  There were 143 calls in the test with a measured time from the 2nd
100 to Ringing was greater than 6 second.  We then divided 143 call by
30,000 calls (the total calls for this test) to calulate 0.48% of calls in
this test had a PDD greater than 6 seconds.  We recognize this analysis is
not perfect, but we believe it provides some useful information.

We appreciate the feedback and input.  PDD analysis will be a topic for
improvement in our next performance test effort.

Thanks,

Di-Shi Sun.