[Devel] multiple presentity entries

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri May 4 16:31:55 CEST 2007

Anca-Maria Vamanu writes:

 > Since you use pua to send Publish requests you should not worry about
 > this at all.

anca,

i installed openser from latest trunk and made more publish tests.  i
cleared presentity table and restarted openser.

i issued many identical initial publish requests without etag via pua
didn't anymore get more that one entry into presentity table.  etag and
expires got just updated for each request.

then i restarted openser and sent yet another identical publish w/o
etag.  two things happened: a new entry appeared in presentity table and
my publish script didn't return except after a long time (perhaps 2-3
minuted) with error code:

-500 Command (pua_publish) processing failed (async)

during the time when my script (publish.php) was waiting publish to get
completed, i noticed with ps that a new openser process had appeared
after i had started the publish script:

17095 pts/1    S+     0:00 /usr/bin/php5 ./publish.php
17098 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/openser -f /etc/openser/openser.cfg

that process disappeared at the same time as my script finally got
completed.

-- juha