[Devel] all openser processes do not get killed

Jerome Martin jmartin at longphone.fr
Thu May 3 22:19:08 CEST 2007

> > I'm surprised that no one reported this before, I've being seeing this
> > problem since mid-2006 !
>
> I had such problems since I use (open)ser but could never debug it. Thus,
> I do not think that it is presence related.

Same here. I tried to trace it down, but I spent so much time on it
without success that I finally decided to go for the heavy ugly way :
stop, test, stop, test, and eventually kill.

I know this might be disapointing to Juha who is trying to find the root
cause, but honestly, for now this is the best cost/result ratio I've
found. When all my feature dev will work as I wish, I might spent some
more time on hunting down the root cause.

And clearly, this issue shows up in some settings, while totally absent
from other ... without any common pattern I could figure out. Clearly,
this is not presence related (I don't use presence at all).