[Devel] discussion of roadmap for 1.3

Wed May 2 13:54:48 CEST 2007

Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Monday 30 April 2007 12:09, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> I would like to see more feature for security/stability:
>> - do not block during establishing new TCP/TLS connections
>
> Hi,
>
> does the current openser really blocks during TCP connection establishment? We

yes

> plan to use TCP in the future, how critical affect this issue the actual
> performance?

it depends where you use TCP. Between proxy and gateways IMO it is ok.
But between clients and proxy it is IMO a problem. E.g. client REGISTERs
with TCP. For some reason the TCP connection terminates. Then,during an
incoming call openser tries to make a new TCP connection which will fail
as user is behind NAT. Depending on the TCP timers this will block the
thread.

regards
klaus