[Devel] RADIUS accounting performance

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Wed Mar 28 16:03:41 CEST 2007

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Christian Schlatter writes:
>
>  > Has anyone an idea what could cause this bad performance or where to
>  > look for possible candidates.
>
> if you are using freeradius, check that it doesn't do any unnecessary
> logging.  also, use ip address of your radius server rather than name.

I am using a radius proxy on the same host as the sip proxy that just
sends back a radius ack to the proxy and forwards the radius request to
our radius server. So there is no DNS or logging involved here and a
local radius transaction normally takes less than a millisecond.

I'm using this local radius proxy to make sure openser doesn't block in
case the radius server goes down.

Christian