[Devel] rand function in config file

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Mar 21 15:10:39 CET 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 14:47, you wrote:
> Hi Henning!
>
> How will you find out that there are "too many clients registering on a
> given time"?

Hi Klaus,

thanks for the reply. This value will be probably setup by the sysadmins of
the machine(s). The clients will be then back off, and try again later.

> I once thought of having a mechanism which checks the input queue of the
> sockets. If it reaches a certain level, some messages get rejected, e.g.:
> reject not so critical messages (SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY ...)
> reject INVITEs without to tag
> allow in dialog requests
> reject REGISTER
> reject calls to external domains

This would be surely a more elegant solution.
Perhaps it is also possible to use the pike module, but this module needs to
extended to support such an advanced matching.