[Devel] Missing functionality after migration from avp_write to assignment operator

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Mon Mar 12 12:28:10 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm missing some functionality of assigment operator that was present with the
avp_write function.

This used to work to place the username part of an avp in a separate avp:
avp_write("$avp(s:src_leg)/username", "$avp(s:src_leg_user)");

I'm trying to replace that with the assigment operator, but

1)
$avp(s:src_leg_user) = $avp(s:src_leg)/username;

produces errors during execution:
coreswitch1[8636]: eval_elem: invalid string operator 7
coreswitch1[8636]: do_assign: no value in right expression

2)
$avp(s:src_leg_user) = "$avp(s:src_leg)/username";

does no avp substitution, putting the string literally in the avp.

So, my question is, how do i get the same functionality now that avp_write is
removed?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alex Hermann