[Devel] Help with out of transaction memory

T.R. Missner trmissner at bandwidth.com
Wed Mar 7 15:29:08 CET 2007

Hello,

We have been  using openser for 18 months now without issue however lately (
since 1.1.1 ) we have begun seeing these errors:

Mar  5 15:47:54 lb01b /usr/local/sbin/openser[29161]: ERROR: new_t: out of
mem:
Mar  5 15:47:54 lb01b /usr/local/sbin/openser[29161]: ERROR: t_newtran:
new_t failed

When this happens and reply is sent with sip status of 500.
The server seems to get into a weird state where it cannot allocate memory
for new transactions.
During the same time period options messages continue to be responded too
without issue.
Also about 1 out 3 calls offered actually does pass thru openser without
issue.

I had run a get_statistics fifo call shortly before the last incidence of
this problem and there was plenty of free memory reported by openser.

Seems like I am chasing a ghost.  Any insight into potential causes of
intermittent memory allocation issues like this would be appreciated.

Best regards,

TR