[Devel] ERROR:forward_request: unable to compute branch

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Mar 5 22:57:57 CET 2007

Gaurav,

RFC 3261 obsoletes (almost 5 years ago) RFC 2543 and my personal opinion
is that 3261 should be followed. Of course, at some point I agree that
old compatibility should be kept, but not encourage - all devices
(phones, proxies, gateways, etc) should be aligned (by now) to 3261
mostly because of performance, flexibility and strength reasons.

regarding the email thread, the info is posted in the BUG 1510109

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1510109&group_id=139143&atid=743020
Shortly, it refers to

https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2006-January/011864.html

regards,