[Devel] [ openser-Patches-1671713 ] openserctl setting to hide plaintext passwords

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 2 18:42:25 CET 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=1671713&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: tools
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
The auth_db module provides the choice to use either precalculated HA1 strings stored in the database, or to generate them on the fly using plaintext passwords stored in the database.

The openserctl "add" and "passwd" commands calculate the HA1 strings and store both the HA1 strings and the plaintext password in the database. In case site policy disallows plaintext passwords stored in the database, these must be removed after using "openserctl add" or "openserctl passwd".

I've added a switch to openserctl / openserctlrc / openserctl.sqlbase to allow plaintext passwords to be omitted from the database.

(Patch against 20070224 cvs snapshot)