[Devel] Unification of str converter function in database modules

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Mar 1 13:15:03 CET 2007

Hi all,

during my review of the source i noticed that the three db modules (mysql,
postgresql, unixodbc) each uses their own, slightly different string (char *)
converter functions. I tried to unified them into one implementation.

I moved this functions into the db/db_val.c file, since there is also the
definition for the db_val type. But they conflict there with the functions in
ut.h with the same names, that convert "str" to other datatypes.

What will be the best solution for this problem? Move them into another header
file? Rename them to eg. string2int to avoid further confusion?

Best regards,