[Devel] [ openser-Patches-1671611 ] nathelper: udpping_from (forged udpping source_ip)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 1 11:59:32 CET 2007

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=1671611&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

for some loadbalancing setups it might be interessting to spoof the natping's source-ip on multiple hosts so the pings would apear to come from the same host. I created a patch for that. It uses raw-sockets and works for me on linux.

I am not sure, how portable this approach is, so some people might have a look on this to get it running on other platforms than linux.

Best regards,
Marcus