[Devel] Re: [Serdev] follow up to the comparing test for SER and OpenSER from TransNexus

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Tue Jun 12 16:14:47 CEST 2007

Hi Di-Shi,
In SER, there is at least two parameters that are different for the
development trunk and the upcoming SER 2.0: Debugging and the memory
allocation.
AFAIK, debugging is turned off in RC1,
http://www.iptel.org/ser_2_0_0_release_candidate_1, while the type of
memory allocation has been changed in cvs tagged rel_2_0_0 i.e. upcoming
RC2. Thus, I recommend that you check out rel_2_0_0 from CVS.

There is also a question of which approach you want to take in making
your tests: (1) standard config the way each project "packages" the
server, (2) in some way modified config (turn on/off etc), or (3)
finally an optimized config (which a service provider would do).

I'm sure every large-scale provider (which will be at risk of getting
high bandwidth and CPU levels) have each their own tweaks, for example
the locking mechanism used. I would love to have an iptel.org page that
documents all the various tweaks (if people will share).
g-)