[Devel] extra.xml

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Jun 11 10:33:42 CEST 2007

On Sonntag, 10. Juni 2007, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> it is so that extra.xml can contain only one table definition?  i tried
> to include two and got:
>
> extra.xml:39: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
>
> if only one, extra.xml is pretty useless since it would apply only to a
> special case.

Hello Juha,

yes, at the moment you can only include one table per table definition file,
e.g. in extra.xml. In order to have more tables you must include them in a
proper database context, <database>..</database>.

For now you could simply add them to the openser-standard.xml file like the
existing extra.xml.

I could add a new file, e.g. openser-extensions.xml, and include here the
extra.xml file which would provide the database and tables.

openser-extensions.xml:
<xml>
   <x:include> with fallback - extra.xml:
     <database>
     </database
</xml>

I think this would work. What do you suggest?