[OpenSER-Devel] MediaProxy 2.0 roadmap

Kobi Eshun kobi at sightspeed.com
Mon Jul 23 20:01:03 CEST 2007

Hi Adrian,

I do have a couple of feature requests -- thanks for asking. One of
them requires modifications both to the (Open)SER mediaproxy module,
and to the media proxy itself. Does the scope of your new design work
include both?

1 - I'd like the ability to directly influence the choice of media
proxy from the script on a per-call basis. If it's helpful, I
submitted patches for this functionality about a month ago. The
module patch tracker ID number is 1740051, 'application-level
configuration of mediaproxy domain':

	https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
func=detail&atid=743022&aid=1740051&group_id=139143

  And I've appended a corresponding patch against mediaproxy release
1.8.0

2 - It would be great to have finer control over the log messages. I
made some minimal changes for our production environment, to direct
stdout and stderr messages to syslog LOG_ERR and LOG_INFO. Any
improvements in this area would be good, I think.

3 - Finally, we occasionally run across UAs that re-order SDP media
sessions, and that confuses the port-number mapping logic. If release
2.0 handles this case, that would be nice too.

Kobi Eshun
Senior Architect, SightSpeed, Inc.
918 Parker Street, Suite A14
Berkeley, CA 94710
+1.415.713.8431 (m)
+1.510.649.9569 (f) <--- Note: updated FAX #
kobi at sightspeed.com