[OpenSER-Devel] mismatch between sc.dbtext and textdb.sh

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Jul 16 14:09:38 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 07/13/07 16:20, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Ovidiu Sas and i noticed during a discussion that there is a inconsistency
> between the old dbtext infrastructure scripts "sc.dbtext" and "textdb.sh".
> sc.dbtext creates the tables without a "id(int,auto) field, textdb.sh (and
> the new infrastructure in svn trunk) add this field.
>
> The new openserctl script (patch from Ovidiu, recently merged) don't work at
> the moment because of this mismatch.
>
> So my question is:
> What is the right behaviour? Are these fields necessary? Are there evaluated
> in the dbtext module?

the field is not in used by most of the modules. The auto-increment
column was added mainly to help additional tools and have the primary
key on an integer (faster db operations). If I am not wrong, msilo's
table has been updated to use this column instead of old one.

However, the id should be created to maintain consistency between table
definitions across DB engines.