[OpenSER-Devel] Possible bug in nathelper

Peter Spikings peter.spikings at power.net.uk
Fri Jul 13 16:36:45 CEST 2007

On Friday 13 July 2007 15:11:37 Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> This issue has been discussed many times on the list.
> It looks like that you are trying to do a double manipulation of SDP.
> If you are "forcing" the SDP/media, do not touch again the SDP.

I'm only calling it once, didn't realise that force_rtp_proxy rewrote the sdp
too. Now I have another issue however.... the onward SDP is now correct now
that I just call fix_nated_sdp with flags of 8 to just rewrite the owner but
rtpproxy is now being told to relay RTP from the private address of the
behind-NAT client. Hence both ends send RTP to rtpproxy which drops it.

> Maybe the nathelper doc should be updated with this information.

Yes, or maybe allow the SDP to be rewritten twice. Presumably one type of
rewrite is just appending to the connection IP address in some circumstances.

Thanks for your help,

Peter.

> Regards,
> Ovidiu Sas
>
> On 7/13/07, Peter Spikings <peter.spikings at power.net.uk> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm having a problem getting the nathelper module to rewrite the SDP of
> > an invite. The call I make is: fix_nated_sdp("10", "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd");
> >
> > The resulting invite has the form (part of a tshark/tethereal dump):
> >
> > Message body
> >     Session Description Protocol
> >         Session Description Protocol Version (v): 0
> >         Owner/Creator, Session Id (o): root 3299 3300 IN IP4
> > aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd Owner Username: root
> >             Session ID: 3299
> >             Session Version: 3300
> >             Owner Network Type: IN
> >             Owner Address Type: IP4
> >             Owner Address: aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
> >         Session Name (s): session
> >         Connection Information (c): IN IP4 aaa.bbb.ccc.dddaaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
> >             Connection Network Type: IN
> >             Connection Address Type: IP4
> >             Connection Address: aaa.bbb.ccc.dddaaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
> >
> > I'm posting here because surely it's a bug that that happens.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Peter.
> > This message has been comprehensively scanned for viruses,
> > please visit http://www.avg.power.net.uk/ for details.

Peter Spikings
Research & Development Software Developer
Powergroup

Two Four Nine, 249 Midsummer Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 1EA
t: 01908 605188   f: 01908 242099  e: info at powergroup.co.uk
www.powergroup.co.uk
www.powernet.co.uk
www.powercorporate.co.uk

Power Internet Limited
Registered in England No: 3053650
Registered Address: Norfolk House Centre, 82 Saxon Gate West, Central Milton
Keynes, Bucks, MK9 2DL
Trading as "Powergroup", "Powernet", "Powercorporate" and "Powertelecom"