[OpenSER-Devel] Request for comment : logging in OpenSER

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Jul 13 13:25:01 CEST 2007

Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Friday 13 July 2007, you wrote:
>
>> Henning Westerholt wrote:

>>> It's possible with gcc macros to get the file and line number i think.
>>>
>> Exactly that's the problem - those are macros which are not standard
>> across compilers. For example SUNCC does not recognize them....
>>
>> I admit it will be easier to have the macros, but if it is not something
>> portable, I will prefer to avoid it.
>>

> At least __FILE__ and __LINE__ should be available with sun cc, as i've read
> in some sun man pages. And __FUNCTION__, which could be very useful, could be
> masked with an #ifdef if this is not available. So we could use this
> facilities.

I think the __FUCTION__ is the rather useful one; anyhow we do not have
the module name, which is the most useful one.
maybe for module name we can export automatically a macro from
Makefile.......maybe we can try to play with something like this....

i see the most comments are about the message format. Should I
understand the the logging layers (syslog and dprint) are ok as proposed
design? ;)

regards,
bogdan