[OpenSER-Devel] Memory leak

Bastian Friedrich bastian.friedrich at collax.com
Fri Jul 13 10:23:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Friday 13 July 2007, Mik Cheez wrote:
> My Openser just crashed again.  I used the 2444 svi release with the
> patch provided.
>
> here is the memory dump.
> ftp://openser_devel:Jj*"l;l@devel.position.net/memleak_svi2444.log

while I was able to reproduce your problem before yesterday's fix, I'm not
able to reproduce it any longer.

I have tested your script (removing the database backend you use) and ran a
sipp test with >> 50.000 messages without any problem.

Technically: Your logs show memory allocated by sv2int_str; this function is
only used in the AVP access methods (add, get, destroy). All three methods
now free the used memory again.

In fact I commited another fix (SVN revision 2445) that removes the mem
allocation completely (as the underlying core functions copy the variable
content themselves). Please try that one :)

Can anyone still confirm problems in that place?

Thx,
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.