[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [2420] trunk

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Jul 9 12:00:17 CEST 2007

On 07/09/07 12:45, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > the script variables exist all the time, and cannot be null, they are 0
>  > if they are unassigned.
>
> if so, how can i tell apart a non-assigned script variable from one that
> has been assigned value 0?

:-) well, chicken-egg issue, would be the same as uninitialized value
with one which can get NULL via evaluation of an expression in assignment.
> i would prefer if also non-assigned script variables could be null so
> that script variable usage would be consistent with pseudo variable
> usage.

operating with null cannot be consistent unless we change all PV
concept. $avp() = null deletes the avp, $var() = null, resets to 0, $du
= null (and other pv) set to null some internal structures. There are
different types of variables, they don't have same meaning, maybe C is
more consistent because there are var types, otherwise it very hard to
get same functionality everywhere.