[OpenSER-Devel] LCR issue

Peter Spikings peter.spikings at power.net.uk
Wed Jul 4 10:09:56 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 21:07:20 you wrote:
> Peter Spikings writes:
>  > >From looking at the code it seems too hard to change the DNS
>  >
>  > blacklisting behaviour to invoke the failure route when the
>  > destination IP is blacklisted so I'm tempted to change the LCR code
>  > in load_gws to never come back with gateways that are blacklisted at
>  > the current point in time. Does anyone have
>  > any better suggestions?
>
> my suggestion is to fix blacklisting behaviour rather that complicate
> lcr module.  i doubt that this problem is not lcr specific, because it
> seems that the same problem appears if a branch with higher q value is
> blacklisted.
>
> -- juha

You're right that it's not an LCR problem as such and that it will affect
other areas (so sorry for the subject line!) but for me fixing it in the LCR
module was quick and easy. Fixing the blacklisting directly is a much bigger
job as you need to invoke the failure route when you try and route to a
blacklisted entry instead of just rejecting the call. When I looked at the
code that seemed like a much bigger change. In the end it was only a handful
of simple extra lines to load_gws().

Thanks,

Peter.
This message has been comprehensively scanned for viruses,
please visit http://www.avg.power.net.uk/ for details.