[Devel] Single-quote escaping in unixodbc + now() vs. getdate() + openser crash in DB connection lost

Jerome Martin jmartin at longphone.fr
Mon Jan 15 17:23:47 CET 2007

Hi,

I just gave the subject some more thinking, and I believe the best way
would be to export a 'DB_escape_string' function to other modules and
core, so that when a module needs to construct an SQL statement, it
would just concatenate the template string with the result of
DB_escape_string(StringToBeInsetedInTheStatementWhichMayContainAlienCharacters).

In fact I'm surprised it can work at all with other DB backends without
such a function.

I need to take a look at that.

Cheers,
Jerome