[Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1631420 ] another CANCEL bug

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Jan 10 23:22:06 CET 2007

 > If I recall correctly, theis problem was debated several times ago. It is
 > more a logical issues than a bug and was labeled as "delayed CANCEL" - as
 > the trace shows, it is about a transaction with a non-responsive branch,
 > transaction wthat gets completed. After that a reply from the
 > non-responsive branch arrives. The questions is what should you do?? If the
 > transaction is still in memory, you can generate a delayed
 > CANCEL.....otherwise the reply will not match any transaction and it will
 > be stateless fwd....Any thoughts???

yes, if transaction state still exists, it makes sense to generate a
delayed cancel.

but if transaction does not exist anymore, i don't think it makes sense
by a atateful proxy to statelessly forward any replies.  in other
worlds, if in my proxy i always t_relay requests, i would like to be
able to tell the proxy not to never statelessly forward any replies.

-- juha