[Devel] openserctl user addition problem

Mike Williams mike at mikebwilliams.com
Thu Jan 4 19:59:36 CET 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 07:54, Rajesh Kalagarla wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to setup the OpenSER on linux system and the distribution is
> RHL.
>
> How can we add multiple users credentials as part of configuration file? i
> am not able to authorize more than one User Agent thru the config file.

If you are talking about adding sip accounts through the configuration file,
then you misunderstand how openser is configured. SIP accounts are either
stored in some sort of database, or in memory.

> when i am adding the second user info, it is simply overwriting the old
> info and not authorizing the first user.
>

> modparam("auth_db","user_column" "1122")
> modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "pluto")
>
> modparam("auth_db","user_column" "3344")
> modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "earth")

These options actually specifiy the columns for usernames and passwords in the
database table. For instance, modparam("auth_db","user_column" "user") would
tell openser to look for usernames in the "user" column.

To add users, you need to create rows in the database containing the username
and other account details. The easiest way to do this is by using openserctl,
like you were. Alternatively, serweb and openser admin can give you a nice
web gui to do this, but you should get your basic setup working first.

> with this info, i am able to register only the second user.if i comment the
> second user info, first user was able to register. please suggest how to
> handle this,
>
> when i am trying to add the user using the "openserctl" i am getting
> permission denied error.
>
>  command: openserctl add 1122 earth rajeshk at idnltd.com
>  output is, ERROR 1045(28000): Access denied for user openser at localhost
> (using PASSWORD: YES)

Klaus is right. You need to set up mysql and openser to have the right
credentials to connect.