[Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1620701 ] Buffer overflow by long lines in permissions

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 4 18:45:48 CET 2007

Bugs item #1620701, was opened at 2006-12-22 11:50
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1620701&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

today a bug in OpenSER was reported on bugtraq (not found by me!):
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/455097/30/0/threaded

String lengths are not properly checked in parse_expression_list (modules/permissions/parse_config.c) while copying from input variable str (up to 500 chars) to str2 (up to 100 chars).

I can reproduce the problem by using a line like
ALLLLLLL (500 L's) : ALLLLLLL (another 500 L's) in a permission file.

As the configuration file is under administrative control, no security breach is directly implied.

Best,
   Bastian