[Devel] mysql.so module creation problem

Bastian Friedrich bastian.friedrich at collax.com
Wed Jan 3 12:09:02 CET 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 11:53, Rajesh Kalagarla wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
> I Have already installed mysql ver 5.0.27 for linux.

a) What Linux distribution are you using?
b) How did you install mysql? From sources, or a package from your
   distribution?
c) If you installed from sources: How was the command line of your configure
   call?

> and added that path to the default.

What path? What default?

> any suggestion would be a great help for me.
> >
> > dbase.c:29:26: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
> > dbase.c:30:27: mysql/errmsg.h: No such file or directory

Your compiler can not find mysql.h (and other mysql header files). These files
are located in /usr/include/mysql/ after a "normal" installation of mysql.
Can you find these files (ls -l /usr/include/mysql/)?

If not: Installing mysql from source might lead to installation of the headers
in /usr/local/include/mysql. Can you find the files there?

   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

\ There's too much blood in my caffeine system.