[Devel] ERROR:forward_request: unable to compute branch

Gaurav Kulshreshtha gaurav at sunrocket.com
Wed Feb 28 22:35:30 CET 2007

All,
 While trying to use openser version 1.2.0 on centos, we have found that
/forward_request() /function prints out error
*"ERROR:forward_request: unable to compute branch"*
We noticed this in the case of REGISTER message egressing out of OpenSER
(using it as a proxy). Unless we are
missing something in the big picture, we suspect that the code inside
/if (msg->add_to_branch_len == 0)/  should try to compute the branch
parameter value (branch_builder()) if one is
not found during invokation of get_sl_branch( ).
In the whole code base there is only one invokation of branch_builder
inside tm modules and we suspect that for case of
message ingress'ing.

If this is a bug, is there already an open ticket/issue for this ?

Thanks
Gaurav Kulshrehstha