[Devel] Re: [Users] action.c:1: error: bad value (x86_64) for -mtune= switch

Bastian Friedrich bastian.friedrich at collax.com
Tue Feb 27 11:22:19 CET 2007

Hi,

On Dienstag 27 Februar 2007, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> I changed the name of the internal variable to avoid the overlapping.
> Please update and see if the issue is fixed now.

thx, this works. :))

I still do have three questions, as I don't know much about gcc
internals:
a) Will this code work on Intel 64bit machines, too?
b) In my understanding, OpenSER's build environment is meant to build
   systems on the machine the code is intended to run on. Wouldn't it be
   better to use "-mtune=native" in this case?
c) Is there any particular reason you use "mtune" instead of "march"
   (which implies "mtune") in this context?

As I said, I don't know much about gcc internals, so maybe I'm plainly
wrong :)

Thx anyway,
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ The Majority is never right unless it includes me.