[Users] Re: [Devel] Sip User Agent and IPv6 with OpenSER 1.1.1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri Feb 16 23:31:08 CET 2007

Hello,

On 02/16/07 13:57, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> pat.kush at verizon.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am setting up an end-to-end IPv6 testbed at Verizon which includes PCs
>> with IPv6-related applications, Servers, Edge Routers, and Backbone
>> Routers.
>>
>> Currenly I am looking for a SIP client (SIP User Agent) for IPv6 that
>> works
>> on VISTA, XP, or Linux , and interoperates with OpenSER 1.1.1.
>
> Counterpath says that eyebeam supports IPv6.

There is a list with IP/SIP phones, some of softphones there claim to
know IPv6. Not sure if they are open source or free:
http://voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=VOIP+Phones

>> Does anyone know of or has a SIP client that works on IPv6 networks with
>> OpenSER 1.1.1?
>>
>> Has anyone used OpenSER 1.1.1 for IPv6?  Is there any documentation for
>> this, or bugs ?
The IPv6 part was tested thoroughly some time ago, since then nobody
reported issues. If you find any, please report, we will try to fix.
IPv6 support is compile by default in OpenSER.