[Devel] Blacklist and failover

Alex _alex_ at ukr.net
Wed Feb 7 10:01:45 CET 2007

Hello,

> > disable_dns_blacklist=yes solves trouble, but may be disable it by default, or use of other reply (not 477) makes sense?
> >
> internally there is a difference between the generic 477 error and the
> blocking by the blacklists. to be honest, I was to lazy to think about a
> new error code to reflect this case :(...
>
> any suggestion on this?

Frankly, I do not know which error code is appropriate, but You could change error description to make source (reason) of error clear.

And also, in my opinion, enabling failure_route in dns blacklisting will be good feature because in this case server does not need to resend requests with delay until timeout, but can trigger failure_route instantly.