[Devel] Database access

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Feb 5 08:05:24 CET 2007

Currently we have both R/O and R/W username/password pairs for database
access in openserctl and the database creation scripts.

I want to propose to reduce these to a single username/password setting
with full database access. I do not know the reasoning behind having both
R/O and R/W access, but if that was based on security concerns, the
current implementation does not address those concerns. Considering that
both the R/O and the R/W passwords are in the same configuration file,
anyone who can access that file (that is anyone who can use the tool) can
see both. Considering this, the R/O username/password is superfluous as
the R/W pair can be used for all operations and this would simplify the
configuration a lot.

--
Dan