[OpenSER-Devel] openXCAP - A 'Presence Rule' PUT does not modify 'watchers' TABLE

ddonate diego.donate at dialcom.com
Thu Dec 13 08:55:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

  I am working with openSER and openXCAP 0.9.7 to have a presence server for
some buddies, but I am a bit stuck...

  I register 2 users successfully ('user1 at domain' and 'user2 at domain') and
they subscribe successfully to 'presence.winfo'.

  When 'user1' subscribe to 'user2' presence, it appears in 'watchers' TABLE
('status'=1, pending), and 'user2' receives a NOTIFY (presence.winfo).

  'user2' sends the "allow" in an HTTP request to XCAP server (presence
rule), and the PUT is accepted: 201 created (1st time) or 200 received).

  It should change the 'status' value from the 'watchers' TABLE from 2
('pending') to 1 ('active'), so a NOTIFY with the status would be sent to
'user1'.

**********  BUT the value is not changed (so no NOTIFY is sent to 'user1'

  I have achieved that sometimes, but only a few and I do not know why, the
requests were the same. Does the 'watchers' TABLE change depend on any
timer? Should I take something into account about some value in some place?

 Thanks in advance

Diego