[OpenSER-Devel] wrong debug level in pua_mi/mi_func.c?

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Dec 6 18:56:37 UTC 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i noticed that mwi publish caused the following error message to
> syslog:
>
> Dec  6 20:34:29 tutpro /usr/sbin/sems_openser[25383]: Handling PUBLISH
> to <sip:jh at vm.tutpro.com> Dec  6 20:34:29 tutpro
> /usr/sbin/sems_openser[25377]: ERROR:pua_mi:mi_publ_rpl_cback: lexpire=
> 7776001
>
> looks like it is unavoidable:
>
> 	if(statuscode== 200)
> 	{
> 		/* extract ETag and expires */
> 		lexpire = ((exp_body_t*)reply->expires->parsed)->val;
> 		LM_ERR("lexpire= %d\n", lexpire);
>
> should LM_ERR be changed to something else or is it a real error?

It looks like someone wanted to see the value during development/testing
and forgot to remove the print. I think it would be a good idea to use
LM_INFO or LM_NOTICE for such temporary development prints, because that
way they won't cause confusion if the message is a real error message or
not.

--
Dan