[OpenSER-Devel] Parent Process

Daniel Corbe daniel.junkmail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 23:14:13 UTC 2007

Does the parent process ever process any incoming requests?
The reason I ask:

I'm writing a module which needs to maintain database connectivity (please
don't say "why don't you use the domain module").  Each child maintains its
own connection to the database.  This is all done from my child_init
function.

If the parent is processing requests along with the children, the parent
needs to have its own connection to the database as well, and I would have
to duplicate the code in child_init inside of mod_init, right?

-Daniel