[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1544112 ] Solaris openser.init script error

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 3 15:00:54 UTC 2007

Bugs item #1544112, was opened at 2006-08-21 18:13
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by henningw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1544112&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: tools
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Line 57 in
/usr/local/src/openser-1.1.0-tls/sip-server/etc/openser.init:

killproc $BINNAME

does not work on Solaris 9/04 as there is no Source
function library, as specified on line 11:

. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

As a workaround, I have used:

pkill $BINNAME &

However, this call does not automatically remove the
$PIDFILE from it's temporary directory.

You can add:

rm $PIDFILE

immediately after but this, of course, does not test to
see whether the pkill actually worked (and, hence,
whether the PID file should be removed).  I'm not sure
how to rewrite the script so that it only removes the
PID file if the pkill command was unsuccessful.

This was discovered with the rel_1_1_0 branch checked
out from CVS.