[OpenSER-Devel] ldap module api

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri Aug 10 10:33:05 CEST 2007

Hello Christian,

I am thinking to do an abstractisation to the LDAP API, to not be
dependent of ldap libraries. Practically is to hide the LDAP structures
behind some local defined one. For example, for DB we have the same,
there are some void pointers keeping references to mysql/postgres/...
connection.

In this way we remove the dependency of ldap library to the modules
using the LDAP module API. As far as I could see, the structures LDAP,
LDAPmessage and berval have to be hidden.

What do you think? Also, I think a function that does the search of
attribute-values in LDAP and stores directly in script AVPs would be
good. If someone does the search from script is very likely to want
fetched result as well in script. Something similar to avp_db_query(). I
guess this will be wrapper to what already exists in ldap_search and
ldap_result.

Thanks,