[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Patches-1771368 ] New H.350 Module

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 10 03:51:23 CEST 2007

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=1771368&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
We'd like to contribute a new module that allows for integrating openser into a directory enabled real-time communications (RTC) architecture. This new module, called H350, uses the LDAP module to access an H.350 directory e.g. for SIP digest authentication or call preferences. H.350 is an ITU-T standard for storing RTC account data in an LDAP directory.

We are using this module on our production openser SIP proxies together with two redundant H.350 directory servers (openldap). This combination of servers and protocols has shown to be very low maintenance and offers  exceptional performance. Our middleware services use the same H.350 directories for RTC account/phone provisioning, tracking, and billing. The module documentation should provide a good overview on usage and describes all exported parameters and functions.

We'd appreciate if this module could be included in the openser source distribution so that others can make use of it.

/Christian - University of North Carolina