[OpenSER-Devel] Request for comments: sdpparser: module or integrated into the core

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Aug 2 10:20:23 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 31 July 2007, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Ovidiu,
>
> If this will be a collection of functions for parsing, I see no reason
> for not trying to include them in core. But for such a decision, more
> info will be needed.

Hello,

integrating SDP parser functionality into the core would be the start for
providing more and more SDP and media stream related functions in OpenSER.

I think we should try to stay on focus.

- OpenSER is a multi-functional, multi-purpose SIP server: router, switch,
  registrar, application server, redirect server, gateway, etc..
- OpenSER is only about signaling, but there are media adds-on

(some quotes of a VON talk of Bogdan)

In my opinion we're quite good in this area. But we've already enough problems
to support SIP and all the strange implementations out there. I don't think
its a good move to add to much SDP to our problem set.

So i think a module implementation of a sdp parser would make more sense.