[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [2564] trunk

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Aug 2 09:38:05 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Henning,
>
> why adding this module, when already having hash function in core (used
> by TM, dialog, PDT, permission, etc modules)..Is this new hash function
> something more? even so, some reason not to added in core, among the among
> the hash functions?

Hello Bogdan,

this module is some kind of hash helper, and provides one additional hash used
for clustering to distripute request over a set of e.g. registrars.

Its fairly small, and you're right, this probably belongs to the core. The
reasons i added this yesterday was, that i don't wan't to break this code
again after the tests i've made. I also didn't found the time in the last
days to do a thoroughly review of the hash functions used from the other
modules, to integrate this properly. But i wanted to have some feedback for
the carrierroute code, and without the hash this module don't compile..

I'll remove the module and integrate the necessary code to the core after
moving into our new offices and my holiday. :-)