[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1765327 ] XLOG: color ANSI code not usable for colorize system log

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 1 20:47:25 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1765327, was opened at 2007-08-01 16:28
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dan_pascu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1765327&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver 1.2.x

Initial Comment:
In background mode I'm trying to colorize openser logs.

I use XLOG with the syntax $(Cxx) and so and works nice in foregorund mode:

  xlog("L_INFO", "$(Csc)$rm $ru$(Cxx)\n");

But ni background mode it generates logs like:

  ^[[0;30;46mINVITE sip:500 at domain.org

I wonder why it doesn't generate correct ANSI code:

  \033[0;30;46m  <-- correct ANSI code
instead of:
  ^[[0;30;46m

If it would generate \033[0;30;46m (correct ANSI code) then I could colorize the log file using multitail and other colorize solutions that understand ANSI code.