[Devel] discussion of roadmap for 1.3

Victor Gamov vit at lipetsk.ru
Mon Apr 30 12:33:49 CEST 2007

Dialog-based extensions which may be useful:

-- allow to destroy dialog from MI with accounting generating.
-- try to find idle or disconnected dialog (ping-like, get statistic
from rtpproxy or some other method) and close it with accounting generating

This features usefull for example in next situation:
A calls B. When conversation complete A and B disconnects from network
(unplug cable for example) and OpenSer  never gets "BYE" and this call
cann't be acounted properly.

-- allow Openser to be SBC. Now we can use OpenSER for this with some
gymnastic in rewriting of request and response body using avpops module,
But it's really difficult to write and support this config.  New OpenSER
module (may be) called SBC can do all this work with interaction some
other modules (RR, TM and others). This module must rewrite SIP messages
to mask all internal resources for outgoing (relative to OpenSER)
messages and rewrite all incoming messages to be appropriate of outgoing
messages.

-- (dreams) SIP-H.323 converter. I know that many of such converters
exists in real world (one of famous and commonly used is Asterisk). But
I think that native OpenSER SIP-H.323 converter can helpto OpenSER to be
more useful. If somebody familiar with H.323 he can write this module
based on OpenSER Dialog module