[Devel] presence: xcap_xml table

Mircea Amarascu mircea at ag-projects.com
Mon Apr 30 12:11:02 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have a few questions and proposals regarding the way XCAP documents
are stored and managed in
the openser.xcap_xml table:

1. As stated in the XCAP specification
(http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-xcap-12.txt), every
XCAP document must have an Etag associated to it, that uniquely defines
its state at a given time. So
we should add a new column in the xcap_xml table to handle this, e.g.
`etag` varchar(64) NOT NULL

Also, it would probably be more intuitive if the `xcap` column from the
forementioned table would be
named `document`.

2. Regarding the way the Presence Server handles XCAP applications, I
see there's a mapping from the
application ID to a numerical ID: 'pres-rules'->1, 'resource-lists'->2.
   I understand that the Presence Server was tested with the eyeBeam
softphone. I'm using eyeBeam version
1.5.14 for the Mac OS, and I see it manages documents under the
org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules and
resource-lists applications, e.g. GET
/xcap-root/org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules/users/joe/presrules.
   The org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules application is defined here:
http://www.openmobilealliance.org/release_program/docs/PresenceSIMPLE/V1_0_1-20061128-A/OMA-TS-Presence_SIMPLE_XDM-V1_0_1-20061128-A.pdf

it is not an IETF standard, however it is a derivation of the pres-rules
application, and I think it is treated as
such by the OpenSER. But technically it is a different application, so
it should have a different numeric ID
in the xcap_xml table. What could be done about this? Maybe the Presence
Server could handle both
pres-rules and org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules as pres-rules, but
under a different ID?

3. I think we should define an ID for the rls-services (probably the
next available, 3 or 4), even if this application
is not currently handled by OpenSER.