[Devel] Towards OpenSER libification

Julien BLACHE julien.blache at linbox.com
Mon Apr 23 14:27:11 CEST 2007

Weiter Leiter wrote:

Hi,

> Dynamic library does not mean PIC; with some effort, needs for PIC can
> probably be removed from OpenSER's to-be libs.

Shared library means PIC code on pretty much any architecture, except
i386 where non-PIC code can be used as a shared library under certain
conditions; otherwise you're just asking for trouble :)

Even if it's not critical for the parser code, AIUI the parser is only
the first step and it could very well become an issue later on (or even
for the parser itself, depending on how it's written).

Well anyway, I'm not trying to make a point, I'm just giving out
information to those who might need it.

HTH,

JB.

--