[Devel] Towards OpenSER libification

Julien BLACHE julien.blache at linbox.com
Mon Apr 23 10:24:07 CEST 2007

Sebastien Tricaud wrote:

Hi,

> * What I would like to do:
>     - Make sure each component is usable individually: I would like to use a
>         high performance SIP parser. The OpenSER one fills the room. I am
>         sure this is one way to have this library having more users,

Just a quick note here: shared library means performance hit, due to the
relative addressing used for PIC code. Keep that in mind :)

As far as the build system goes, I'd be in favour of moving to
autotools; the current build system has its share of shortcomings, and
CMake causes some interesting problems in some environments so IMHO it's
not really fit for OpenSER. Autotools is by far the most portable build
system out of there.

Though the switch won't be easy to achieve :)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                 <julien.blache at linbox.com>
Linbox / Free & ALter Soft                       <http://www.linbox.com>