[Devel] odbc db driver and postgresql

Victor Gamov vit at lipetsk.ru
Tue Apr 17 18:28:23 CEST 2007

Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 April 2007 17:39, Victor Gamov wrote:
>> We use unixODBC to connect to MSSQL (unixODBC use freetds driver to make
>>   connection). Connection really success but SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO
>> returned. We comment "goto err" on line 147 in my_con.c and everything
>> works fine. I did not do tests but SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO is not error
>> IMHO. MSSQL for example return some info about connection but it is not
>> error condition.
>
> Hi Victor,
>
> good to hear that it works with mysql.
> Ok, then probably it would the best to simply remove this goto.

Hi Henning!

Not mysql but MS SQL.
It works if we comment line 147 in my_con.c only. So I think that more
tests may be done before removing this goto (or ODBC documentations may
be helpful to make clear this aspect of DB connection). But you are
right -- this part of code must be reviewed.

--
CU,
Victor Gamov