[Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1680013 ] MSILO generating invalid messages

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 17 16:26:34 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1680013, was opened at 2007-03-13 18:41
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by miconda
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1680013&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
We had a message stored in our production MSILO that looked like the following:

This is a test\0\0

The \0 are actual NULL characters. When MSILO went to deliver this message it created a ContentLength header that read "ContentLength: 16" but only 15 characters were put into the body of the m_dump() MESSAGE. The missing character was the final NULL. The message on the wire contained "This is a test\0"

When we examined the row in the MySQL DB, it properly contained "This is a test\0\0" with a length of the TEXT field reporting 16.

The discrepency between the ContentLength header and the actual body caused the MESSAGE to be rejected by our UA with a 400 (as it should do).

We are also trying to figure out how \0\0 made it into the inbound MESSAGE, but that seems like a seperate issue.